The Black Rock Group is hiring an entry-level Account Executive. The ideal candidate is organized and outgoing with strong writing skills and some prior work experience/internship in public relations, media, government or political campaigns. This is an entry-level position with opportunities to advance.
The Black Rock Group is a boutique partner-driven strategic communications and public affairs firm that has extensive experience in creating effective public policy, political and strategic communications campaigns. Our team works collaboratively with clients to elevate their products, services and policy objectives through paid, earned and digital media strategies. We bring a diversity of experience, from time spent on fast-paced political campaigns, Capitol Hill and award-winning agencies to understand how to pitch complex issues, refine and strengthen messaging and rapidly respond to communications challenges as they arise. Our experience spans a wide range of issues, including technology, healthcare, financial services, energy and GOP politics.
- Manage media monitoring systems, such as press clippings, media lists and social media, for a variety of account teams
- Draft and edit communications materials, including press releases, op-eds, memos and digital media content
- Research and analyze client issues
- Support staff by managing administrative tasks, scheduling and other responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of communications work and/or internship experience in a related field: political campaigns, Hill, government, journalism or agency
- Strong writing skills and some familiarity with written communications materials and digital strategy
- Attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple accounts at once, work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of and interest in current events and policy issues
The Black Rock Group offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 401(k) with employer match
- Medical/dental insurance
- Transportation subsidy
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Gym access
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.